Building trades unions absorbed a huge wallop in the courts on July 12, when the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit upheld President Bush's Executive Order outlawing project labor agreements on federally funded construction projects. ..
Most people don't bother to vote in November general elections. It's even more difficult to convince voters to go to the polls during the height of vacation season - the first week in August - when elections and candidates are the furthest things from their minds. ..
A century later, 'Apparatus for Cooling Air' becomes indispensable contrivance ..
By Scott Schneider
Laborers Health and Safety Fund of North America ..
- Want prevailing wage back? The process starts with the Nov. 6 ballot
- More power to the people: Pine River wind project winds down
- Now the Hudson's Hole, but a tall order awaits for the trades
- News Briefs
- Advocates urge expansion of OT pay rule
- Union election endorsements seek to bolster helpful candidates
- Many in GOP want to 'make unions go away?' It's hard to argue with the evidence...
- Big, new particleboard plant nears completion in Grayling
- U.S. construction still has vigor
- What's up with sluggish wages increases?