By Edwin Hill
IBEW International President ..
By Edwin Hill
MT. PLEASANT - Jennifer Granholm was unanimously endorsed for Michigan governor Aug. 21 by delegates to the Michigan Building Trades Council's 45th Annual Convention. ..
MT. PLEASANT - In a speech clearly geared to her audience, Democratic Michigan gubernatorial candidate Jennifer Granholm pointed out the reasons she - and not Republican candidate Dick Posthumus - is the best candidate to protect the interests of Michigan's construction workers. ..
MT. PLEASANT - For workers in Michigan and around the nation, the fight for respect, fair wages and safe workplaces never ends. ..
YPSILANTI - Every year in August, there's one location in the nation that's the center of the universe, so to speak, for education in the plumbing, pipe fitting and sprinkler industries. ..
The Operating Engineers Local 324 Blue team rode a stellar 19-4 record en route to winning the 2002 Building Trades Softball League Championship. The league wrapped up play on Monday, Aug. 12 with a one-game elimination playoff tournament. ..
- Want prevailing wage back? The process starts with the Nov. 6 ballot
- More power to the people: Pine River wind project winds down
- Now the Hudson's Hole, but a tall order awaits for the trades
- News Briefs
- Advocates urge expansion of OT pay rule
- Union election endorsements seek to bolster helpful candidates
- Many in GOP want to 'make unions go away?' It's hard to argue with the evidence...
- Big, new particleboard plant nears completion in Grayling
- U.S. construction still has vigor
- What's up with sluggish wages increases?