Old-timers swear that a lot of things were better when they were younger - and when it comes to unions and Labor Day celebrations, they may have a point. ..
We don't know where the summer went, either - but as the end of August starts to loom, it's time to start thinking about Labor Day. ..
LANSING - An effort to give preference to hiring Michigan workers on state taxpayer-funded projects moved quickly last week, and resulted in a victory for the home team. ..
EAST LANSING - Just in time for the new fall semester, the building trades late last month were wrapping up the renovation of the Snyder/Phillips residence halls. ..
- Want prevailing wage back? The process starts with the Nov. 6 ballot
- More power to the people: Pine River wind project winds down
- Now the Hudson's Hole, but a tall order awaits for the trades
- News Briefs
- Advocates urge expansion of OT pay rule
- Union election endorsements seek to bolster helpful candidates
- Many in GOP want to 'make unions go away?' It's hard to argue with the evidence...
- Big, new particleboard plant nears completion in Grayling
- U.S. construction still has vigor
- What's up with sluggish wages increases?