Communities around Michigan have embraced the original intent of Labor Day as more than a holiday that marks the end of summer. ..
LANSING – With football season starting, perhaps it’s appropriate the Protect Our Jobs/Protect Working Families proposal has been kicked around the state government and the courts. ..
ST. JOHNS – This has been anything but a quiet, sleepy summer around St. John’s High School. ..
ANN ARBOR – The United Association of Plumbers and Pipe Fitters (UA), North America, and the Plumbing Trades Employees Union (PTEU), Australia, signed an affiliation agreement on Aug. 15 to implement joint skills training and employment initiatives in the U.S., Canada and Australia. ..
Mitt Romney hasn’t provided details so we should be grateful he’s selected as vice president, Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan, a man with a detailed plan Romney says is “marvelous,” “bold and exciting,” “excellent,” “much needed,” and “consistent with” what he’s put out. ..
- Want prevailing wage back? The process starts with the Nov. 6 ballot
- More power to the people: Pine River wind project winds down
- Now the Hudson's Hole, but a tall order awaits for the trades
- News Briefs
- Advocates urge expansion of OT pay rule
- Union election endorsements seek to bolster helpful candidates
- Many in GOP want to 'make unions go away?' It's hard to argue with the evidence...
- Big, new particleboard plant nears completion in Grayling
- U.S. construction still has vigor
- What's up with sluggish wages increases?