LANSING - Gov. Jennifer Granholm collected an endorsement and commitments of campaign cash amounting to $144,500 from Michigan Building and Construction Trades Council (MBCTC) unions. ..
By Harry Kelber ..
By Ross Eisenbrey & Lawrence Mishel
Economic Policy Institute ..
ALBION - Michigan is the home of auto plants, coke ovens, blast furnaces and mining operations, each of which have their own particular catch-phrases and buzz-words. ..
LANSING -Michigan is granting $44 million to help 47 counties and 49 cities obtain more than $279 million in federal transportation funds under the state's Jobs Today program. ..
WASHINGTON - Here's a good news/bad news scenario on U.S. pension plans. ..
- Pelosi, building trades seek compromise on green construction that won't kill jobs
- Supreme Court sustains legal option for falsely accused jobless claimants
- Union contracts supercede medical/sick leave, comp time laws
- U.S. construction moves past rough patch
- Trades succeeding at EMU Success Center
- News Briefs
- ABC training remains consistent: They've been a constant failure
- EMU's Sill Hall ready for a reno
- 'We are going to build the tunnel' Maybe not Whitmer, Nessel slam brakes on Line 5 tunnel
- Proposed overtime pay rule has Chamber's fingerprints all over it