BOSTON (PAI) – Democratic presidential candidate John F. Kerry included a wide range of pro-worker and pro-middle class themes in his July 29 speech accepting his party’s nomination. ..
If you believe Bush officials, his Labor Department’s new overtime regulations are “fair-pay rules” that “strengthen overtime protections.” ..
Most workers who will lose money under the new Bush overtime provisions will at least get a new title. ..
Although it’s never pleasant talking about the end of summer in Michigan, we will make an exception because it is traditionally marked by Labor Day, which is only one month away. ..
ANN ARBOR – The building trades and construction manager Barton Malow are helping the University of Michigan fill in one of the few open places remaining on its sprawling campus, with the ongoing construction of the Undergraduate Science Building providing another piece in the puzzle. ..
Michigan’s electrical industry CLEAR Coalition – which includes the Michigan Building and Construction Trades Council – is looking for a boost from the public. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin