BOSTON (PAI) – Democratic presidential candidate John F. Kerry included a wide range of pro-worker and pro-middle class themes in his July 29 speech accepting his party’s nomination. ..
If you believe Bush officials, his Labor Department’s new overtime regulations are “fair-pay rules” that “strengthen overtime protections.” ..
Most workers who will lose money under the new Bush overtime provisions will at least get a new title. ..
Although it’s never pleasant talking about the end of summer in Michigan, we will make an exception because it is traditionally marked by Labor Day, which is only one month away. ..
ANN ARBOR – The building trades and construction manager Barton Malow are helping the University of Michigan fill in one of the few open places remaining on its sprawling campus, with the ongoing construction of the Undergraduate Science Building providing another piece in the puzzle. ..
Michigan’s electrical industry CLEAR Coalition – which includes the Michigan Building and Construction Trades Council – is looking for a boost from the public. ..
- Want prevailing wage back? The process starts with the Nov. 6 ballot
- More power to the people: Pine River wind project winds down
- Now the Hudson's Hole, but a tall order awaits for the trades
- News Briefs
- Advocates urge expansion of OT pay rule
- Union election endorsements seek to bolster helpful candidates
- Many in GOP want to 'make unions go away?' It's hard to argue with the evidence...
- Big, new particleboard plant nears completion in Grayling
- U.S. construction still has vigor
- What's up with sluggish wages increases?