BOSTON (PAI) – Democratic presidential candidate John F. Kerry included a wide range of pro-worker and pro-middle class themes in his July 29 speech accepting his party’s nomination. ..
If you believe Bush officials, his Labor Department’s new overtime regulations are “fair-pay rules” that “strengthen overtime protections.” ..
Most workers who will lose money under the new Bush overtime provisions will at least get a new title. ..
Although it’s never pleasant talking about the end of summer in Michigan, we will make an exception because it is traditionally marked by Labor Day, which is only one month away. ..
ANN ARBOR – The building trades and construction manager Barton Malow are helping the University of Michigan fill in one of the few open places remaining on its sprawling campus, with the ongoing construction of the Undergraduate Science Building providing another piece in the puzzle. ..
Michigan’s electrical industry CLEAR Coalition – which includes the Michigan Building and Construction Trades Council – is looking for a boost from the public. ..
- Pelosi, building trades seek compromise on green construction that won't kill jobs
- Supreme Court sustains legal option for falsely accused jobless claimants
- Union contracts supercede medical/sick leave, comp time laws
- U.S. construction moves past rough patch
- Trades succeeding at EMU Success Center
- News Briefs
- ABC training remains consistent: They've been a constant failure
- EMU's Sill Hall ready for a reno
- 'We are going to build the tunnel' Maybe not Whitmer, Nessel slam brakes on Line 5 tunnel
- Proposed overtime pay rule has Chamber's fingerprints all over it