'Any so-called windfall savings would be short-lived at best.'
- Herb Spence III, owner, Spence Brothers ..
LANSING– The Associated General Contractors of Michigan (AGC) Labor Relations Division focused on the workforce challenges of apprentice recruitment, journeyman training, and workforce retention during its second annual Labor and Management Symposium on July 30. ..
Michigan steered around a bump in the road for U.S. construction between May and June this year, and - as it has for much of this year - continued to be an industry hotbed. ..
LANSING - The Michigan State Capitol Building - perhaps the state's second-most iconic structure after the Mackinac Bridge - is getting some TLC from some skilled trades and contractors...
LANSING - Legal efforts to overturn the state's right-to-work laws have just about run their course. ..
- Whitmer to building trades: ‘We put labor back where it belongs with a real seat at the table’
- Saved! Deluge of public comments sustain trades' apprenticeship programs
- State's new labor agency chief: 'organized labor helped build the middle class'
- Unions have one of our own at state labor agency
- Mackinac Straits Line 5 tunnel plans on course, Enbridge says
- Construction employment, spending, up to start 2020
- New McLaren hospital on the rise in Lansing
- News Briefs
- Trump seeks end to collective bargaining for Defense workers
- Big pension challenges remain on Capitol Hill