'Any so-called windfall savings would be short-lived at best.'
- Herb Spence III, owner, Spence Brothers ..
LANSING– The Associated General Contractors of Michigan (AGC) Labor Relations Division focused on the workforce challenges of apprentice recruitment, journeyman training, and workforce retention during its second annual Labor and Management Symposium on July 30. ..
Michigan steered around a bump in the road for U.S. construction between May and June this year, and - as it has for much of this year - continued to be an industry hotbed. ..
LANSING - The Michigan State Capitol Building - perhaps the state's second-most iconic structure after the Mackinac Bridge - is getting some TLC from some skilled trades and contractors...
LANSING - Legal efforts to overturn the state's right-to-work laws have just about run their course. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin