Overtime protection for millions is probably dead ..
America’s union leaders will be taking a very close look at their organizations when the AFL-CIO’s Executive Council meets in mid-February. ..
Wayne State University, long known as a commuter college, wants a substantial number of its students to stop commuting. ..
The Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration (MIOSHA) enforces workplace safety and health regulations under authority of the Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Act, Act 154 of 1974 as amended (MIOSH Act). ..
SAULT STE. MARIE - Congress has been trickling out funds to build a new Soo lock in recent years, but a deluge of money is needed. ..
|Nearly nine years after General Motors acquired the Renaissance Center for $75 million, the transformation of the five million square-foot complex into GM's headquarters is nearly complete. The final portion of the job is the most visible to the public: the transformation of the front, which faces Jefferson Avenue. Long-gone are the concrete bunkers in the front of the center which contained some of the Ren Cen's mechanical systems - but gave the center the feeling of a fortress. The center's new face includes a recently installed, prominent General Motors sign, a welcoming glass atrium, and granite steps. When GM's front porch is finished in January, it will mark substantial completion of more than $500 million in renovations at the Ren Cen.|
|MORTAR BETWEEN granite steps at the front of the Ren Cen is troweled into place by Bob Pugno of BAC Local 1 and Cleveland Stone.|
- Legislature, Snyder OK new Straits pipeline tunnel
- Year-end legislative action: could have been worse for workers
- At home, on campus: New apartments meet a growing need at Wayne State
- BLS: fatal job injuries declined by 1% in 2017
- Scarcity of qualified workers may hinder construction
- News Briefs
- State closer to approving $500M Line 5 utility tunnel at Straits
- What's up in Foxtown: new building, old theatre put trades to work
- Jobs incline is old but good, U-M outlook says
- 'New NAFTA' gets measured, good reviews from labor reserved