Following this fall's calamity in the money markets, as well as the loss of construction man-hours brought on by the declining economy, multi-employer pension plans that serve building trades unions aren't looking for a financial bailout - but they are looking for a change in federal rules to keep them out of a deeper funding hole. ..
By Thomas I. Palley
Special to Press Associates ..
DETROIT - It's not as grand as the recently opened Westin Book-Cadillac a few blocks away, nor is it modern and flashy like the city's three new casino hotels. ..
DETROIT - One of the first major tasks associated with the Marathon Petroleum Co.'s Heavy Oil Upgrade Project (HUOP) was the installation of a pair of "coker drums." ..
- Union approval rating rises: best since 2003
- DTE Energy breaks ground on $1B Blue Water Energy Center
- Got milk? At Prairie Farms, it will be 'ultra' cold and long-lasting
- Producing national champs is getting routine for Local 169
- The union advantage elevates safety, too
- News Briefs
- Holiday events and activities mark Labor's day in Michigan
- Governor's race is labor's best chance to have impact again
- Beaumont, trades bring new vitality to former Botsford campus
- We must support candidates who will stand up for working men and women