A nationwide election night poll of union members found that 68 percent of union members voted for a Democrat in the U.S. House races and 70 percent voted for a Democrat in the Senate races. ..
For the first time in 27 years in Michigan, a construction worker has been given jail time for being responsible for a fellow worker's death on a job site. ..
ESSEXVILLE - The Karn-Weadock Generating Complex hasn't seen this much construction activity since the D.E. Karn plant first came on line in 1959. ..
The nation's unemployment rate jumped 0.3 percent in November, to 6 percent, the Labor Department reported. The number of unemployed Americans rose by 299,000 in one month and the jobless rate ties an 8-year high it set earlier this year. ..
Building trades unions, union representatives and employees passed the hat once again this year to help the families who benefit from the services of Care House in Mt. Clemens. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin