Two years ago, in the first major split in organized labor in 50 years, the Change-to-Win (CTW) Federation broke away from the AFL-CIO. The AFL-CIO federation lost about one-third of its membership to CTW, including the Service Employees International Union, Teamsters, United Food and Commercial Workers Union, Carpenters, Laborers, Farm Workers and UNITE-HERE (Needletrades and Restaurant employees). ..
By Mark H. Ayers
AFL-CIO Building and Construction Trades Department ..
By Mark Breslin ..
BELLEVILLE - From the outside, the JP Morgan Chase Technology Center looks like your run-of-the-mill office building addition - albeit without windows. ..
Workplace injury and illness numbers in the U.S. may not be what they seem. ..
- Pelosi, building trades seek compromise on green construction that won't kill jobs
- Supreme Court sustains legal option for falsely accused jobless claimants
- Union contracts supercede medical/sick leave, comp time laws
- U.S. construction moves past rough patch
- Trades succeeding at EMU Success Center
- News Briefs
- ABC training remains consistent: They've been a constant failure
- EMU's Sill Hall ready for a reno
- 'We are going to build the tunnel' Maybe not Whitmer, Nessel slam brakes on Line 5 tunnel
- Proposed overtime pay rule has Chamber's fingerprints all over it