Two years ago, in the first major split in organized labor in 50 years, the Change-to-Win (CTW) Federation broke away from the AFL-CIO. The AFL-CIO federation lost about one-third of its membership to CTW, including the Service Employees International Union, Teamsters, United Food and Commercial Workers Union, Carpenters, Laborers, Farm Workers and UNITE-HERE (Needletrades and Restaurant employees). ..
By Mark H. Ayers
AFL-CIO Building and Construction Trades Department ..
By Mark Breslin ..
BELLEVILLE - From the outside, the JP Morgan Chase Technology Center looks like your run-of-the-mill office building addition - albeit without windows. ..
Workplace injury and illness numbers in the U.S. may not be what they seem. ..
- Legislature, Snyder OK new Straits pipeline tunnel
- Year-end legislative action: could have been worse for workers
- At home, on campus: New apartments meet a growing need at Wayne State
- BLS: fatal job injuries declined by 1% in 2017
- Scarcity of qualified workers may hinder construction
- News Briefs
- State closer to approving $500M Line 5 utility tunnel at Straits
- What's up in Foxtown: new building, old theatre put trades to work
- Jobs incline is old but good, U-M outlook says
- 'New NAFTA' gets measured, good reviews from labor reserved