(By Robert Reich, Fmr Secretary of Labor) ..
HOLLAND – Iron Workers helped power up the first phase of construction at the LG Chem Battery Plant, and they finished off the lion’s share of their work on Nov. 29 with a topping-out ceremony. ..
(By Dave Johnson, OurFuture.org) ..
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Continuing budget challenges for state and local governments, uncertainty surrounding a new long-term federal surface transportation bill, and winding down of infrastructure investment under the stimulus law will drive a 4.4 percent contraction in the U.S. highway and bridge construction market in 2011. ..
DETROIT – The city has a huge problem with fires. The sprinkler fitters and the National Fire Safety Association have a solution. ..
DETROIT – Finding a cure or better treatment for asbestos-related diseases is close to the hearts of thousands of construction workers, many of whom themselves may be afflicted or have lost family and friends to the dreaded maladies. ..
- Want prevailing wage back? The process starts with the Nov. 6 ballot
- More power to the people: Pine River wind project winds down
- Now the Hudson's Hole, but a tall order awaits for the trades
- News Briefs
- Advocates urge expansion of OT pay rule
- Union election endorsements seek to bolster helpful candidates
- Many in GOP want to 'make unions go away?' It's hard to argue with the evidence...
- Big, new particleboard plant nears completion in Grayling
- U.S. construction still has vigor
- What's up with sluggish wages increases?