Michigan's construction employment picture in 2016 shows a decent year of work opportunities, punctuated by a few impressive spikes of hiring. ..
LANSING – The reason Michigan’s Prevailing Wage Act of 1965 is still in place today is simple: the Associated Builders and Contractors of Michigan and their front group, Protecting Michigan Taxpayers, hired a firm in 2015 that conducted an incredibly incompetent petition drive intended to repeal the law. ..
By Mark Gruenberg ..
- Legislature, Snyder OK new Straits pipeline tunnel
- Year-end legislative action: could have been worse for workers
- At home, on campus: New apartments meet a growing need at Wayne State
- BLS: fatal job injuries declined by 1% in 2017
- Scarcity of qualified workers may hinder construction
- News Briefs
- State closer to approving $500M Line 5 utility tunnel at Straits
- What's up in Foxtown: new building, old theatre put trades to work
- Jobs incline is old but good, U-M outlook says
- 'New NAFTA' gets measured, good reviews from labor reserved