Michigan's construction employment picture in 2016 shows a decent year of work opportunities, punctuated by a few impressive spikes of hiring. ..
LANSING – The reason Michigan’s Prevailing Wage Act of 1965 is still in place today is simple: the Associated Builders and Contractors of Michigan and their front group, Protecting Michigan Taxpayers, hired a firm in 2015 that conducted an incredibly incompetent petition drive intended to repeal the law. ..
By Mark Gruenberg ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin