WASHINGTON - The year-end clock is ticking for the so-called "Do-Nothing Congress," and building trades pension plan stakeholders are among those pressing for federal lawmakers to follow a labor-management plan to help more multi-employer pension plans stay solvent. ..
The construction industry in Michigan didn’t have a good October, but it has had a pretty good year. ..
ANN ARBOR – Michigan’s construction industry is expected to add 18,000 jobs over the next two years, more than double the 4,300 industry jobs added in the 12 months leading up to October 2014. ..
DETROIT – Since the city’s street pattern was laid out in the 1830s, Woodward Avenue has, over the years, gone from being a dirt trail to being platted, planked, bricked, widened and paved. ..
Thanksgiving Day is a holiday where family and friends gather together and express gratitude for everything in their lives. But those who work at Walmart have little to be thankful for, at least when it comes to their employment. ..
All of the structural steel is up – the last of about 10,000 tons – creating the framework for the massive new GM Flint Assembly Paint Shop. ..
- Holiday events and activities mark Labor's day in Michigan
- 'A lot to like' about major new development in Kalamazoo
- News Briefs
- Tell the DOL: Hands off building trades apprenticeships
- Weaker apprenticeship standards loom with new review by DOL
- Organized labor is no fan of new DOL secretary
- Put 'Michigan Jobs First,' says Whitmer directive
- Head's up: 'safety helmets' may be headed to your jobsite
- News Briefs
- Roncelli, trades undertake expansion for McLaren Macomb