LANSING - The lame-duck legislative session - the period after the Nov. 5 general election and before the swearing-in of new lawmakers on Jan. 1 - came in like a whimper through last week. But whether it will go out with a bang remains to be seen. ..
The largest capital improvement project ever on the campus of Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak is currently one of the largest construction projects in Michigan. ..
Three building trades labor leaders have been appointed to Governor-elect Jennifer Granholm's transition team. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) - The United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners have rejoined the organized labor community - sort of. ..
MARQUETTE - Just like pioneers of the old West, Pioneer Surgical Technology has had to become innovative and reliant on its community in order to survive and grow. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin