LANSING - The lame-duck legislative session - the period after the Nov. 5 general election and before the swearing-in of new lawmakers on Jan. 1 - came in like a whimper through last week. But whether it will go out with a bang remains to be seen. ..
The largest capital improvement project ever on the campus of Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak is currently one of the largest construction projects in Michigan. ..
Three building trades labor leaders have been appointed to Governor-elect Jennifer Granholm's transition team. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) - The United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners have rejoined the organized labor community - sort of. ..
MARQUETTE - Just like pioneers of the old West, Pioneer Surgical Technology has had to become innovative and reliant on its community in order to survive and grow. ..
- Want prevailing wage back? The process starts with the Nov. 6 ballot
- More power to the people: Pine River wind project winds down
- Now the Hudson's Hole, but a tall order awaits for the trades
- News Briefs
- Advocates urge expansion of OT pay rule
- Union election endorsements seek to bolster helpful candidates
- Many in GOP want to 'make unions go away?' It's hard to argue with the evidence...
- Big, new particleboard plant nears completion in Grayling
- U.S. construction still has vigor
- What's up with sluggish wages increases?