WASHINGTON - All too often, construction workers are forced to live with deplorable sanitary conditions when nature calls. ..
Some of the first public comments from new OSHA Director John Henshaw about the direction of the agency concerned "the value of human capital," and the "value of safety and health." ..
Just when you thought retail and entertainment developers had run out of ways to invite you to spend your money, along comes Fountain Walk in Novi. ..
Edward Steimel said that shortsighted industries in Louisiana have underpaid construction workers so much that they "are creating a climate for a return of unions. Unions are a very normal and proper response when workers are provided unfair wages, benefits and working conditions." ..
The federal government has approved the first $3 million to start construction of a new lock through the St. Mary's River in Sault Ste. Marie. The total construction cost is expected to be $225 million. ..
A health and safety report for rescue and clean-up personnel at the World Trade Center reveals a site that has been astoundingly hazardous to workers. ..
- Want prevailing wage back? The process starts with the Nov. 6 ballot
- More power to the people: Pine River wind project winds down
- Now the Hudson's Hole, but a tall order awaits for the trades
- News Briefs
- Advocates urge expansion of OT pay rule
- Union election endorsements seek to bolster helpful candidates
- Many in GOP want to 'make unions go away?' It's hard to argue with the evidence...
- Big, new particleboard plant nears completion in Grayling
- U.S. construction still has vigor
- What's up with sluggish wages increases?