LANSING - With the state government's chronic lack of money and legislators' inability to pass a balanced budget, we shouldn't be surprised that Michigan's roads - and construction workers' employment opportunities - are going to suffer their share. ..
By Mark Gruenberg
PAI Staff Writer ..
KALAMAZOO - Nationwide, there are 115 ethanol plants in operation, and another 80 are under construction. ..
ANN ARBOR - With the University of Michigan having completed a disappointing 8-4 regular season on Nov. 17 with a loss on their home turf to Ohio State, attention now turns to Michigan Stadium itself, where a three-year, $226 million renovation project is coming off the sidelines. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) - It took an AFL-CIO lawsuit, congressional intervention and an appellate court ruling, but the Bush government's Occupational Safety and Health Administration issued its final rule requiring employers to buy personal protective equipment - such as hard hats and protective garments - for workers, on Nov. 15. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin