A labor-backed research association published a study this fall revealing that adoption of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) has had a "perverse" impact on the distribution of income, wealth, and political power across the continent. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) - The Republican-run 109th Congress has yet to stagger to a conclusion - it returns for another lame-duck session in early December. But incoming Democratic lawmakers have already laid out an ambitious legislative agenda for the coming Democratic-run Congress. ..
By Stuart Appelbaum
It is no secret that the Democratic national election victory has less to do with who the Democrats are than who they are not. But while voter outrage over the Republicans' handling of just about everything carried Democrats across the finish line, it will take more than Bush-bashing to keep them there. ..
PETOSKEY - One of the largest construction projects in this area's recent history is moving along, very quickly, in the form of a new $140 million casino for the Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians. ..
A tip of the hard hat to the men and women in the building trades constructing the new MGM Grand Casino in Detroit. ..
SAGINAW - The familiar wide flange structural steel beam hasn't changed much over the past century. It's the near-perfect combination of simplicity, strength and efficiency in structural building design. ..
- Union approval rating rises: best since 2003
- DTE Energy breaks ground on $1B Blue Water Energy Center
- Got milk? At Prairie Farms, it will be 'ultra' cold and long-lasting
- Producing national champs is getting routine for Local 169
- The union advantage elevates safety, too
- News Briefs
- Holiday events and activities mark Labor's day in Michigan
- Governor's race is labor's best chance to have impact again
- Beaumont, trades bring new vitality to former Botsford campus
- We must support candidates who will stand up for working men and women