- Up to $450 million through the Venture Capital Investment fund to help start-up companies succeed;
- New tax incentives to encourage investors to make and keep their investment dollars in Michigan;
- Revamped rules which will lower fees and produce less red tape for new businesses in Michigan;
- New incentives to encourage life sciences companies to use Michigan suppliers and services. ..
LANSING - A "21st Century Jobs Fund" was created Nov. 21 when Gov. Jennifer Granholm signed bills that will invest more than $2 billion in diversifying Michigan's economy and increasing employment. ..
A new and improved Unit 3 at DTE Energy's River Rouge Power Plant is up and running. ..
Eric Gallup has a good grip on the five-gallon bucket market. ..
Construction workers, as a group, are about in the middle of all wage packages compared to other occupations, says a new report by the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics. ..
No minimum wage in Congress. The Republican-controlled Congress, which has blocked a raise in the minimum wage three times this year, voted Nov. 18 to give itself its eighth pay raise since the federal minimum wage was last raised in 1997. ..
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone
- Healthy construction industry has few worries
- Prevailing wage repeal law should be tossed, group argues
- No straight-ticket voting on Nov. 6 ballot
- Iron worker leads 'raising gang' for veterans memorial wall
- News Briefs
- Union approval rating rises: best since 2003
- DTE Energy breaks ground on $1B Blue Water Energy Center