LANSING – Gov. Jennifer Granholm delivered a body blow to Michigan’s construction industry during her State of the State address on Feb. 3. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) – The first law Democratic President Barack Obama signed helps workers: The Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) – The number of unionists nationwide rose by 428,000 in 2008 – the largest rise in numbers since statistics started being kept in 1983 – pushing total union gains among the nation’s workers to almost three-quarters of a million in the last two years, the Labor Department reported Jan. 29. ..
WEST BLOOMFIELD – It has the look and feel of Northern Michigan lodge, with natural construction components like stone and wood, and an interior courtyard that includes trees and wood chips. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI)–By a 65-31 vote, the Senate decided on Feb 4 to keep a strong “Buy American” provision in the ever-growing American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, otherwise known as the stimulus bill. But senators modified the item. ..
- Legislature, Snyder OK new Straits pipeline tunnel
- Year-end legislative action: could have been worse for workers
- At home, on campus: New apartments meet a growing need at Wayne State
- BLS: fatal job injuries declined by 1% in 2017
- Scarcity of qualified workers may hinder construction
- News Briefs
- State closer to approving $500M Line 5 utility tunnel at Straits
- What's up in Foxtown: new building, old theatre put trades to work
- Jobs incline is old but good, U-M outlook says
- 'New NAFTA' gets measured, good reviews from labor reserved