LANSING – Gov. Jennifer Granholm delivered a body blow to Michigan’s construction industry during her State of the State address on Feb. 3. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) – The first law Democratic President Barack Obama signed helps workers: The Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) – The number of unionists nationwide rose by 428,000 in 2008 – the largest rise in numbers since statistics started being kept in 1983 – pushing total union gains among the nation’s workers to almost three-quarters of a million in the last two years, the Labor Department reported Jan. 29. ..
WEST BLOOMFIELD – It has the look and feel of Northern Michigan lodge, with natural construction components like stone and wood, and an interior courtyard that includes trees and wood chips. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI)–By a 65-31 vote, the Senate decided on Feb 4 to keep a strong “Buy American” provision in the ever-growing American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, otherwise known as the stimulus bill. But senators modified the item. ..
- Want prevailing wage back? The process starts with the Nov. 6 ballot
- More power to the people: Pine River wind project winds down
- Now the Hudson's Hole, but a tall order awaits for the trades
- News Briefs
- Advocates urge expansion of OT pay rule
- Union election endorsements seek to bolster helpful candidates
- Many in GOP want to 'make unions go away?' It's hard to argue with the evidence...
- Big, new particleboard plant nears completion in Grayling
- U.S. construction still has vigor
- What's up with sluggish wages increases?