B.J. Cardwell has been a union organizer in Michigan. And over the past year, he has been a union organizer in southern-tier states like Mississippi, Louisiana, Tennessee Arkansas and Alabama. ..
Quick quiz - what state is home to thousands of workers who not only wouldn't join a union - but have never even heard of a union? ..
Suddenly, there's a lot more room to work on the playing field at Ford Field, the future home of the Detroit Lions. ..
Kmart Corp.'s suppliers and lenders haven't given up on the bankrupt retailing giant, and Michigan's building trades workers are being asked to help, too. ..
The building trades and general contractor Walbridge-Aldinger are giving Compuware what they want: a headquarters-in-a-hurry. ..
- Legislature, Snyder OK new Straits pipeline tunnel
- Year-end legislative action: could have been worse for workers
- At home, on campus: New apartments meet a growing need at Wayne State
- BLS: fatal job injuries declined by 1% in 2017
- Scarcity of qualified workers may hinder construction
- News Briefs
- State closer to approving $500M Line 5 utility tunnel at Straits
- What's up in Foxtown: new building, old theatre put trades to work
- Jobs incline is old but good, U-M outlook says
- 'New NAFTA' gets measured, good reviews from labor reserved