By Mark Gruenberg
PAI Staff Writer ..
By Mark Gruenberg
WASHINGTON (PAI) - By a 94-3 vote on Feb. 1, the new Democratic-run Senate approved the first raise in the federal minimum wage in a decade. But to get enough GOP votes that successfully stopped a Republican filibuster two days before, senators festooned it with $8 billion in tax breaks for "small business." ..
By Tula Connell
via the AFL-CIO ..
NEW BUFFALO TWP. - A new hotel and casino are blowing into the extreme southwest corner of the state, in the form of the Four Winds Casino Resort, which is currently under construction. ..
A "radical change" in how workforce development is conducted - including a blunt suggestion to start recruiting a more non-white workforce - is needed to fill employment needs in the U.S. construction industry, says a new study released Jan. 16 by the Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors National Association. ..
EAST LANSING - At a reception with Michigan State University officials held Thursday, Jan. 18, Mid-Michigan Construction Alliance (MMCA) members thanked the University for its utilization of the union construction industry and celebrated MMCA's ongoing partnership with the university. ..
- Union voters help themselves on Election Day
- Marijuana legalization raises questions only the courts will answer
- State's new pot law lights up a few tokens of interest...
- BWL's substation offers high-voltage good looks
- Hopefully, just a little dip for Michigan construction
- We're still talking about putting asbestos in building products?!
- News Briefs
- Want prevailing wage back? The process starts with the Nov. 6 ballot
- More power to the people: Pine River wind project winds down
- Now the Hudson's Hole, but a tall order awaits for the trades