ANN ARBOR - The building trades and general contractor Walbridge-Aldinger have arrived at a crossroads on the University of Michigan campus as they build the School of Public Health Buildings Addition and Renovation. ..
Two of Michigan's largest general contractors - Barton-Malow and Walbridge- Aldinger - were tapped earlier this month to oversee construction of two of the state's largest construction projects. The jobs have a combined price tag of $850 million. ..
GRAND RAPIDS - The city's downtown will soon get an impressive addition to its skyline, in the form of a 24-story, 340-room hotel. The hotel will have the Marriott label and will welcome its first guests in the fall of 2007. ..
Wal Mart Stores Inc. announced on Feb. 9 that they will close a Canadian store whose employees were on the verge of being the first in North America to win a union contract from the retailing giant. The jobs of 200 employees will be lost. ..
- Janus decision: GOP-named Supreme Court majority imposes right to work on public sector unions
- Dems unveil legislation to make it easier for public workers to organize
- New life, new purpose for Michigan Central Station
- ImPRESSive: Particleboard plant rises in Grayling
- New lock at the Soo takes a step forward
- News Briefs
- Some fight left in the battle to sustain Michigan's prevailing wage
- Our ability to win these battles starts at the ballot box
- Trades' solid work transforms Eastern Michigan's Strong Hall
- Utilities push state's coal plants toward extinction