Construction still a drag on growth ..
For the better part of a year now, we have witnessed the beginnings of what many political experts believe to be is an influential populist uprising in America. Whether they are organized elements (e.g. “tea-baggers”) or some other type of loosely-organized movement, the defining feature seems to be an increasing disconnect between the problems and issues that confront Americans on a daily basis in their communities, and the misplaced priorities of our elected elite. ..
KALAMAZOO – The structural steel is in place at the new Kalamazoo/Battle Creek Airport terminal, marking a major waypoint on the construction of the new $38 million project. ..
BRADLEY, MI – Ironworkers Local 340 in conjunction with the Gun Lake Tribe of Match-E-Be-Nash-She-Wish Band of Pottawatomi Indians conducted a beam signing and topping out ceremony on Jan. 28 at the site of the Gun Lake Casino. The ceremony was a celebration of completing the steel structure for the first stage of the gaming casino. ..
Norm Wood, who served as secretary-treasurer of the Greater Detroit Building and Construction Trades Council and as Business Manager of Iron Workers Local 25, passed away on Wednesday, Feb. 10, 2010. He was 74. ..
On Jan. 17, Ashley Yost, an apprentice member of United Association Plumbers, Steamfitters and HVACR Service Technicians Local 85, was critically injured in an accident in Midland County. She was taken to Covenant Hospital in Saginaw and required units of blood during her care. ..
ALLEN PARK – Boilermakers Local 169 celebrated the grand opening of their new union hall and apprenticeship school on Jan. 29 – and there was plenty of room to move around. ..
- Trump's NLRB again widens independent contractor rule
- State attorney general to review petition gathering restrictions
- WCCCD, trades, build space to play, learn and workout
- U.S. construction cost hikes are worrisome
- Persistent malaise vexes U.S. union membership
- News Briefs
- Lawsuit to reset prevailing wage law on hold in courts
- Fresh start for state governor, lawmakers, hopefully labor, too
- Last wintertime auto show bittersweet for display builders
- Unlikely RTW repeal measures introduced