LANSING - The state's Open Meetings Act was not violated when the Michigan Legislature adopted a statewide right-to-work law in December 2012, a state Court of Claims judge ruled Feb. 6. ..
LANSING - Republicans in both the state House and Senate have made repeal of the Michigan Prevailing Wage Act of 1965 their top priority in 2015 - with the first three bills in each chamber that were introduced last month related to canceling the law. ..
The Detroit Medical Center's $42 million project, under construction at 350 W. Big Beaver just east of I-75, will encompass three stories and 63,000 square feet. Key services in the new outpatient facility will include a 24-7 pediatric emergency room, day surgery and multiple pediatric medical and surgical specialties especially for children, including cancer and infusion therapy, cardiology, neurology, orthopedics, urology, imaging and lab services. ..
LANSING – Historically low construction industry fatality rates continued in Michigan in 2014, with MIOSHA's Construction Safety Division recording an all-time low of seven program-related on-the-job deaths. The previous record low was nine in 2012, and 12 construction workers died on the job in 2013. ..
Statewide, Michigan enjoyed a nice jump in construction employment over the course of the past year, rising 6 percent between December 2013 and December 2014. With a rise of 7,200 jobs to 134,400 total jobs during that time, we were ranked No. 17 among the states by the Associated General Contractors in new construction hiring. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin