LANSING - The state's Open Meetings Act was not violated when the Michigan Legislature adopted a statewide right-to-work law in December 2012, a state Court of Claims judge ruled Feb. 6. ..
LANSING - Republicans in both the state House and Senate have made repeal of the Michigan Prevailing Wage Act of 1965 their top priority in 2015 - with the first three bills in each chamber that were introduced last month related to canceling the law. ..
The Detroit Medical Center's $42 million project, under construction at 350 W. Big Beaver just east of I-75, will encompass three stories and 63,000 square feet. Key services in the new outpatient facility will include a 24-7 pediatric emergency room, day surgery and multiple pediatric medical and surgical specialties especially for children, including cancer and infusion therapy, cardiology, neurology, orthopedics, urology, imaging and lab services. ..
LANSING – Historically low construction industry fatality rates continued in Michigan in 2014, with MIOSHA's Construction Safety Division recording an all-time low of seven program-related on-the-job deaths. The previous record low was nine in 2012, and 12 construction workers died on the job in 2013. ..
Statewide, Michigan enjoyed a nice jump in construction employment over the course of the past year, rising 6 percent between December 2013 and December 2014. With a rise of 7,200 jobs to 134,400 total jobs during that time, we were ranked No. 17 among the states by the Associated General Contractors in new construction hiring. ..
- Pelosi, building trades seek compromise on green construction that won't kill jobs
- Supreme Court sustains legal option for falsely accused jobless claimants
- Union contracts supercede medical/sick leave, comp time laws
- U.S. construction moves past rough patch
- Trades succeeding at EMU Success Center
- News Briefs
- ABC training remains consistent: They've been a constant failure
- EMU's Sill Hall ready for a reno
- 'We are going to build the tunnel' Maybe not Whitmer, Nessel slam brakes on Line 5 tunnel
- Proposed overtime pay rule has Chamber's fingerprints all over it