By Jim Marcinkowski ..
Recently there has been much media attention on the risks, rewards and consequences of mountain climbing. Thus I share a personal story and its relationship to labor-management risk taking and initiative in our industry. ..
Construction unions experienced an uptick in union density in 2007 that outpaced the rest of organized labor. ..
ROYAK OAK - A new residential tower dubbed the Fifth Royal Oak stands tall in this city - and in the opinion of the property developer, so do the union workers who built it. ..
LANSING - Lower utility prices and more choice for consumers. Those were the major enticements for passage of Public Act 141, The Electric Restructuring Act, adopted in 2000 by the Michigan legislature. ..
WARREN - Two days after using her State of the State address to declare that Michigan "can be the alternative energy capital of North America," Gov. Jennifer Granholm chose the Detroit Electrical JATC Training Center in Warren to illustrate her point. ..
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone
- Healthy construction industry has few worries
- Prevailing wage repeal law should be tossed, group argues
- No straight-ticket voting on Nov. 6 ballot
- Iron worker leads 'raising gang' for veterans memorial wall
- News Briefs
- Union approval rating rises: best since 2003
- DTE Energy breaks ground on $1B Blue Water Energy Center