By Jim Marcinkowski ..
Recently there has been much media attention on the risks, rewards and consequences of mountain climbing. Thus I share a personal story and its relationship to labor-management risk taking and initiative in our industry. ..
Construction unions experienced an uptick in union density in 2007 that outpaced the rest of organized labor. ..
ROYAK OAK - A new residential tower dubbed the Fifth Royal Oak stands tall in this city - and in the opinion of the property developer, so do the union workers who built it. ..
LANSING - Lower utility prices and more choice for consumers. Those were the major enticements for passage of Public Act 141, The Electric Restructuring Act, adopted in 2000 by the Michigan legislature. ..
WARREN - Two days after using her State of the State address to declare that Michigan "can be the alternative energy capital of North America," Gov. Jennifer Granholm chose the Detroit Electrical JATC Training Center in Warren to illustrate her point. ..
- Janus decision: GOP-named Supreme Court majority imposes right to work on public sector unions
- Dems unveil legislation to make it easier for public workers to organize
- New life, new purpose for Michigan Central Station
- ImPRESSive: Particleboard plant rises in Grayling
- New lock at the Soo takes a step forward
- News Briefs
- Some fight left in the battle to sustain Michigan's prevailing wage
- Our ability to win these battles starts at the ballot box
- Trades' solid work transforms Eastern Michigan's Strong Hall
- Utilities push state's coal plants toward extinction