U.S. union membership has been in a steep decline over the past 40 years – so have strikes and lockouts. ..
Indiana passed a right-to-work law early last year, and legal efforts by labor unions to rid the Hoosier state of their anti-union law may be like the canary-in-the-coal mine for Michigan’s anti-RTW efforts. ..
LANSING – A colation of unions and the American Civil Liberties Union of Michigan on Jan. 31 asked an Ingham County Circuit Court judge to strike down the state’s recently passed right-to-work law because it was enacted while the public was locked out of the state Capitol Building, in violation of the Open Meetings Act, the First Amendment and the Michigan Constitution. ..
The federal government is offering a potential lifeline for homeowners who are struggling financially and are in danger of losing their homes. ..
LANSING – If you seek a pleasant powerhouse on the city’s south side, look around you in the city’s historic REO Town district. ..
- Want prevailing wage back? The process starts with the Nov. 6 ballot
- More power to the people: Pine River wind project winds down
- Now the Hudson's Hole, but a tall order awaits for the trades
- News Briefs
- Advocates urge expansion of OT pay rule
- Union election endorsements seek to bolster helpful candidates
- Many in GOP want to 'make unions go away?' It's hard to argue with the evidence...
- Big, new particleboard plant nears completion in Grayling
- U.S. construction still has vigor
- What's up with sluggish wages increases?