U.S. union membership has been in a steep decline over the past 40 years – so have strikes and lockouts. ..
Indiana passed a right-to-work law early last year, and legal efforts by labor unions to rid the Hoosier state of their anti-union law may be like the canary-in-the-coal mine for Michigan’s anti-RTW efforts. ..
LANSING – A colation of unions and the American Civil Liberties Union of Michigan on Jan. 31 asked an Ingham County Circuit Court judge to strike down the state’s recently passed right-to-work law because it was enacted while the public was locked out of the state Capitol Building, in violation of the Open Meetings Act, the First Amendment and the Michigan Constitution. ..
The federal government is offering a potential lifeline for homeowners who are struggling financially and are in danger of losing their homes. ..
LANSING – If you seek a pleasant powerhouse on the city’s south side, look around you in the city’s historic REO Town district. ..
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone
- Healthy construction industry has few worries
- Prevailing wage repeal law should be tossed, group argues
- No straight-ticket voting on Nov. 6 ballot
- Iron worker leads 'raising gang' for veterans memorial wall
- News Briefs
- Union approval rating rises: best since 2003
- DTE Energy breaks ground on $1B Blue Water Energy Center