U.S. union membership has been in a steep decline over the past 40 years – so have strikes and lockouts. ..
Indiana passed a right-to-work law early last year, and legal efforts by labor unions to rid the Hoosier state of their anti-union law may be like the canary-in-the-coal mine for Michigan’s anti-RTW efforts. ..
LANSING – A colation of unions and the American Civil Liberties Union of Michigan on Jan. 31 asked an Ingham County Circuit Court judge to strike down the state’s recently passed right-to-work law because it was enacted while the public was locked out of the state Capitol Building, in violation of the Open Meetings Act, the First Amendment and the Michigan Constitution. ..
The federal government is offering a potential lifeline for homeowners who are struggling financially and are in danger of losing their homes. ..
LANSING – If you seek a pleasant powerhouse on the city’s south side, look around you in the city’s historic REO Town district. ..
- Pelosi, building trades seek compromise on green construction that won't kill jobs
- Supreme Court sustains legal option for falsely accused jobless claimants
- Union contracts supercede medical/sick leave, comp time laws
- U.S. construction moves past rough patch
- Trades succeeding at EMU Success Center
- News Briefs
- ABC training remains consistent: They've been a constant failure
- EMU's Sill Hall ready for a reno
- 'We are going to build the tunnel' Maybe not Whitmer, Nessel slam brakes on Line 5 tunnel
- Proposed overtime pay rule has Chamber's fingerprints all over it