WASHINGTON (PAI) - Union membership held steady at 12.5 percent in 2005, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported on Jan. 20. ..
While no one knew that the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Seattle Seahawks would be squaring off in Detroit on Feb. 5, many building trades workers have had their backfields in motion for months prior to Super Bowl Sunday, getting Downtown Detroit ready for the big game. ..
Cass Activity Center in Detroit was chosen for the National Football League's annual "Kickoff to Rebuild" program that takes place in the Super Bowl's host city. ..
The Cadillac Theatre inside the Somerset Collection's Grand Court in Troy must be the most well-built, stadium-within-a-mall ever erected. ..
Demographics will drive long-term work opportunities in the nation's construction economy - a factor which offers mixed news for Michigan and other cold-weather states in the Midwest and Northeast. ..
MARQUETTE - With "Masonic Center" on the nameplate, perhaps we shouldn't be surprised that the masons who built the downtown Masonic Lodge No. 101 in the 1930s went a little overboard on the masonry. ..
Michigan school districts spent $16 billion on school construction from 1996 to 2004, according to the Michigan Land Use Institute. ..
LANSING - In her fourth and final State of the State address of her first term, Gov. Jennifer Granholm on Jan. 25 outlined the next steps in her plan to get Michigan's economy moving again. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin