Organizing efforts may be one reason why union numbers are on the upswing. But Americans who are fed up with the bottom line on personal income may be another reason. ..
Union membership numbers in the U.S. are finally looking up. ..
Robert Georgine, president of the Building Trades Department, AFL-CIO since 1974, announced his resignation on Jan. 19. ..
MARQUETTE - The largest construction project in the history of Northern Michigan University is providing steady employment for the building trades over the long U.P. winter. ..
The stroke of a pen on Jan. 21 wiped out the last major legal hurdle before substantial construction starts on the creation of the Detroit Lions new stadium, Ford Field. ..
The 30 employees of Hautamaki Mechanical Inc. recently voted to go union in an NLRB representation election held in Bruce Crossing, about 80 miles west of Marquette. ..
- GOP rebukes Rep. Inman calls for his resignation after extortion charge
- Muskegon County, city, rescind prevailing wage
- 'Right-to-work' term deserves to be wrapped in quotations, journalists' bible says
- Down on the farm: more solar going up?
- There's a real link between suicide and construction
- NMU sees new energy with Northern Center
- News Briefs
- Painters have Mackinac Bridge covered
- GOP lawmaker indicted for alleged bribe over prevailing wage vote in 2018
- Whitmer urges DOL to widen eligibility for worker overtime wages