Organizing efforts may be one reason why union numbers are on the upswing. But Americans who are fed up with the bottom line on personal income may be another reason. ..
Union membership numbers in the U.S. are finally looking up. ..
Robert Georgine, president of the Building Trades Department, AFL-CIO since 1974, announced his resignation on Jan. 19. ..
MARQUETTE - The largest construction project in the history of Northern Michigan University is providing steady employment for the building trades over the long U.P. winter. ..
The stroke of a pen on Jan. 21 wiped out the last major legal hurdle before substantial construction starts on the creation of the Detroit Lions new stadium, Ford Field. ..
The 30 employees of Hautamaki Mechanical Inc. recently voted to go union in an NLRB representation election held in Bruce Crossing, about 80 miles west of Marquette. ..
- Trump's NLRB again widens independent contractor rule
- State attorney general to review petition gathering restrictions
- WCCCD, trades, build space to play, learn and workout
- U.S. construction cost hikes are worrisome
- Persistent malaise vexes U.S. union membership
- News Briefs
- Lawsuit to reset prevailing wage law on hold in courts
- Fresh start for state governor, lawmakers, hopefully labor, too
- Last wintertime auto show bittersweet for display builders
- Unlikely RTW repeal measures introduced