Organizing efforts may be one reason why union numbers are on the upswing. But Americans who are fed up with the bottom line on personal income may be another reason. ..
Union membership numbers in the U.S. are finally looking up. ..
Robert Georgine, president of the Building Trades Department, AFL-CIO since 1974, announced his resignation on Jan. 19. ..
MARQUETTE - The largest construction project in the history of Northern Michigan University is providing steady employment for the building trades over the long U.P. winter. ..
The stroke of a pen on Jan. 21 wiped out the last major legal hurdle before substantial construction starts on the creation of the Detroit Lions new stadium, Ford Field. ..
The 30 employees of Hautamaki Mechanical Inc. recently voted to go union in an NLRB representation election held in Bruce Crossing, about 80 miles west of Marquette. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin