GRAND RAPIDS - Things are looking up at Gerald R. Ford International Airport, where reinforced concrete columns poking up from frozen ground marks the first stage of construction of a massive new parking deck and terminal improvements. ..
The nation's labor movement received a glimmer of good news on Jan. 25, as the Labor Department's Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that union membership experienced a rare increase in membership in 2007. ..
By Mark Breslin
(Fourth in a series) ..
(From the Michigan AFL-CIO) ..
GRAND RAPIDS - Regular workers finally have a voice on the airwaves in West Michigan. ..
The latest economic indicators say that the slump in the U.S. housing market has not spread to the nonresidential construction sector. ..
- Union voters help themselves on Election Day
- Marijuana legalization raises questions only the courts will answer
- State's new pot law lights up a few tokens of interest...
- BWL's substation offers high-voltage good looks
- Hopefully, just a little dip for Michigan construction
- We're still talking about putting asbestos in building products?!
- News Briefs
- Want prevailing wage back? The process starts with the Nov. 6 ballot
- More power to the people: Pine River wind project winds down
- Now the Hudson's Hole, but a tall order awaits for the trades