GRAND RAPIDS - Things are looking up at Gerald R. Ford International Airport, where reinforced concrete columns poking up from frozen ground marks the first stage of construction of a massive new parking deck and terminal improvements. ..
The nation's labor movement received a glimmer of good news on Jan. 25, as the Labor Department's Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that union membership experienced a rare increase in membership in 2007. ..
By Mark Breslin
(Fourth in a series) ..
(From the Michigan AFL-CIO) ..
GRAND RAPIDS - Regular workers finally have a voice on the airwaves in West Michigan. ..
The latest economic indicators say that the slump in the U.S. housing market has not spread to the nonresidential construction sector. ..
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone
- Healthy construction industry has few worries
- Prevailing wage repeal law should be tossed, group argues
- No straight-ticket voting on Nov. 6 ballot
- Iron worker leads 'raising gang' for veterans memorial wall
- News Briefs
- Union approval rating rises: best since 2003
- DTE Energy breaks ground on $1B Blue Water Energy Center