DETROIT – Data is so important in corporate America that it’s now getting its own building. ..
ANN ARBOR – Twenty years ago, the week-long United Association Instructor Training Program was loaded up and moved from Purdue University to Washtenaw Community College. ..
BATTLE CREEK – Michigan’s newest casino is open for business – the new $300 million Firekeepers Casino. ..
ANN ARBOR –The city and the University of Michigan’s hospitality and facilities won rave reviews from the nearly 2,000 electricians from across the nation who participated in the National Training Institute (NTI) program, held Aug. 1-7 on the U-M campus. ..
WASHINGTON – It’s a new day at the U.S. Department of Labor, which was criticized during the Bush years as a lapdog for the business community rather than a guard dog for the interests of American workers. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin