Consumers Energy announced Dec. 17 that it plans to build a major new natural gas-fired power plant in Genesee County. The company estimates it will invest about $750 million in the project. ..
WASHINGTON –The federal government’s brief dive with the “fiscal cliff” settlement hit with a resounding thud with the labor movement – and was just as unpopular with about everyone else. ..
PONTIAC – The delivery of health care has changed just a bit since the first building on the campus of St. Joseph Mercy Oakland was erected in 1927. ..
(By James P. Hoffa, General President, International Brotherhood of Teamsters) ..
This is the time of year when we take the occasion to pause and reflect upon the year that was; the year to come; and to resolve to find ways to better ourselves and those around us. ..
- Janus decision: GOP-named Supreme Court majority imposes right to work on public sector unions
- Dems unveil legislation to make it easier for public workers to organize
- New life, new purpose for Michigan Central Station
- ImPRESSive: Particleboard plant rises in Grayling
- New lock at the Soo takes a step forward
- News Briefs
- Some fight left in the battle to sustain Michigan's prevailing wage
- Our ability to win these battles starts at the ballot box
- Trades' solid work transforms Eastern Michigan's Strong Hall
- Utilities push state's coal plants toward extinction