Consumers Energy announced Dec. 17 that it plans to build a major new natural gas-fired power plant in Genesee County. The company estimates it will invest about $750 million in the project. ..
WASHINGTON –The federal government’s brief dive with the “fiscal cliff” settlement hit with a resounding thud with the labor movement – and was just as unpopular with about everyone else. ..
PONTIAC – The delivery of health care has changed just a bit since the first building on the campus of St. Joseph Mercy Oakland was erected in 1927. ..
(By James P. Hoffa, General President, International Brotherhood of Teamsters) ..
This is the time of year when we take the occasion to pause and reflect upon the year that was; the year to come; and to resolve to find ways to better ourselves and those around us. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin