Congressman Sander Levin acknowledged that the agenda for his Jan. 14 visit to the IBEW Local 58 hall in Detroit was a blatant attempt to shame President Bush and Republicans in Congress into extending unemployment benefits. ..
ANN ARBOR - A 20-month renovation project by the building trades and the Christman Co. has restored Hill Auditorium on the University of Michigan campus to its original grandeur. ..
LANSING - Gov. Jennifer Granholm on Jan. 9 signed a legislative package that is designed to strengthen road worker safety laws. ..
LANSING - Michigan needs to spend an additional $700 million a year on its highway system to improve road and bridge conditions, expand key routes to relieve traffic congestion and improve critical highway links to support economic growth, according to a report released this month by a national nonprofit transportation research group. ..
The installation of a utility trestle in a hard-to-reach area at the Ford Rouge plant brings to mind a tune that's on a popular children's construction video - "if you've got a big job, you'd better get a big machine." ..
Race to the bottom extends below Mexico
TOLEDO, Ohio (PAI) - Shouldn't we have expected this?
Faced with their jobs being sent from Mexico to China, the 10,000 union workers at Volkswagen's plant in Puebla, Mexico, plan a worldwide meeting - and possible strike - of VW workers, Rep. Marcy Kaptur (D-Ohio) says. ..
- Janus decision: GOP-named Supreme Court majority imposes right to work on public sector unions
- Dems unveil legislation to make it easier for public workers to organize
- New life, new purpose for Michigan Central Station
- ImPRESSive: Particleboard plant rises in Grayling
- New lock at the Soo takes a step forward
- News Briefs
- Some fight left in the battle to sustain Michigan's prevailing wage
- Our ability to win these battles starts at the ballot box
- Trades' solid work transforms Eastern Michigan's Strong Hall
- Utilities push state's coal plants toward extinction