Congressman Sander Levin acknowledged that the agenda for his Jan. 14 visit to the IBEW Local 58 hall in Detroit was a blatant attempt to shame President Bush and Republicans in Congress into extending unemployment benefits. ..
ANN ARBOR - A 20-month renovation project by the building trades and the Christman Co. has restored Hill Auditorium on the University of Michigan campus to its original grandeur. ..
LANSING - Gov. Jennifer Granholm on Jan. 9 signed a legislative package that is designed to strengthen road worker safety laws. ..
LANSING - Michigan needs to spend an additional $700 million a year on its highway system to improve road and bridge conditions, expand key routes to relieve traffic congestion and improve critical highway links to support economic growth, according to a report released this month by a national nonprofit transportation research group. ..
The installation of a utility trestle in a hard-to-reach area at the Ford Rouge plant brings to mind a tune that's on a popular children's construction video - "if you've got a big job, you'd better get a big machine." ..
Race to the bottom extends below Mexico
TOLEDO, Ohio (PAI) - Shouldn't we have expected this?
Faced with their jobs being sent from Mexico to China, the 10,000 union workers at Volkswagen's plant in Puebla, Mexico, plan a worldwide meeting - and possible strike - of VW workers, Rep. Marcy Kaptur (D-Ohio) says. ..
- Pelosi, building trades seek compromise on green construction that won't kill jobs
- Supreme Court sustains legal option for falsely accused jobless claimants
- Union contracts supercede medical/sick leave, comp time laws
- U.S. construction moves past rough patch
- Trades succeeding at EMU Success Center
- News Briefs
- ABC training remains consistent: They've been a constant failure
- EMU's Sill Hall ready for a reno
- 'We are going to build the tunnel' Maybe not Whitmer, Nessel slam brakes on Line 5 tunnel
- Proposed overtime pay rule has Chamber's fingerprints all over it