LANSING – Arguments were heard Jan. 13 before the Michigan Supreme Court as part of organized labor’s first major attempt to overturn the state’s right-to-work laws. ..
LANSING – Gov. Rick Snyder on Jan. 12 signed legislation that would start the long road back to restoring Michigan’s crumbling streets and bridges, in part by ensuring taxes paid by consumers at the gas pump are dedicated to that purpose. ..
About the plane you flew in during World War II... Airman who served on C-47 during D-Day gets unlikely chance to fly with her again
(By Mark Gruenberg, PAI Staff Writer)
WASHINGTON (PAI) – Here we go again. Business groups are suing the National Labor Relations Board over the new union election rules it finalized in December . ..
LANSING - Pundits predicted after last November's elections that the makeup of the state Legislature would get more conservative, more pro-Tea Party, and even more anti-union than the group that adopted right-to-work in Michigan. ..
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone
- Healthy construction industry has few worries
- Prevailing wage repeal law should be tossed, group argues
- No straight-ticket voting on Nov. 6 ballot
- Iron worker leads 'raising gang' for veterans memorial wall
- News Briefs
- Union approval rating rises: best since 2003
- DTE Energy breaks ground on $1B Blue Water Energy Center