LANSING – Arguments were heard Jan. 13 before the Michigan Supreme Court as part of organized labor’s first major attempt to overturn the state’s right-to-work laws. ..
LANSING – Gov. Rick Snyder on Jan. 12 signed legislation that would start the long road back to restoring Michigan’s crumbling streets and bridges, in part by ensuring taxes paid by consumers at the gas pump are dedicated to that purpose. ..
About the plane you flew in during World War II... Airman who served on C-47 during D-Day gets unlikely chance to fly with her again
(By Mark Gruenberg, PAI Staff Writer)
WASHINGTON (PAI) – Here we go again. Business groups are suing the National Labor Relations Board over the new union election rules it finalized in December . ..
LANSING - Pundits predicted after last November's elections that the makeup of the state Legislature would get more conservative, more pro-Tea Party, and even more anti-union than the group that adopted right-to-work in Michigan. ..
- Janus decision: GOP-named Supreme Court majority imposes right to work on public sector unions
- Dems unveil legislation to make it easier for public workers to organize
- New life, new purpose for Michigan Central Station
- ImPRESSive: Particleboard plant rises in Grayling
- New lock at the Soo takes a step forward
- News Briefs
- Some fight left in the battle to sustain Michigan's prevailing wage
- Our ability to win these battles starts at the ballot box
- Trades' solid work transforms Eastern Michigan's Strong Hall
- Utilities push state's coal plants toward extinction