WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. House on Dec. 14 approved legislation to reduce the deficit of the federal government's pension insurer and to pressure companies into fully funding their pension obligations. ..
By Mark Gruenberg
PAI Staff Writer ..
Lesson plans are carried out every day in the nation's school buildings - but the new Alfred Taubman Student Services Center building will actually be part of the curriculum for instructors at Lawrence Technological University in Southfield. ..
By Thomas I. Palley
Special to Press Associates ..
Wal-Mart's latest foray into construction of a new store in Michigan is meeting with a resounding thud in Vienna Twp., north of Flint area. ..
By Andrew Korfhage ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin