WASHINGTON (PAI) – Union leaders were lukewarm, at best, to the Senate’s version of health care, which lawmakers passed on Christmas Eve. ..
Consumers Energy’s proposed clean coal power plant near Bay City received a major boost on Dec. 29 with the issuance of a state Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) air permit to advance the $2 billion-plus project. ..
Organized labor doesn’t like a lot about the dueling health care bills in the House and Senate, but the National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA), whose contractors hire IBEW electricians, said they support an amendment to the Senate bill that helps level the playing field for union construction employers. ..
MARYSVILLE – Marysville High School has traditionally been the center of community activities, since the city lacks a conventional downtown area. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) – Forcing more disclosure on union-busters – and how much money companies spend on them – and ordering companies to resume counting ergonomic injuries, are among the highlights of the Obama Labor Department’s proposed rules agenda for next year. ..
BARK RIVER – Many know Christmas to be the season of giving, and one of the greatest gifts one can give is the gift of life. This is very possibly what Jason Feathers of Bark River gave to a 74-year-old leukemia patient, through a donation of bone marrow he made Dec. 21. ..
- GOP rebukes Rep. Inman calls for his resignation after extortion charge
- Muskegon County, city, rescind prevailing wage
- 'Right-to-work' term deserves to be wrapped in quotations, journalists' bible says
- Down on the farm: more solar going up?
- There's a real link between suicide and construction
- NMU sees new energy with Northern Center
- News Briefs
- Painters have Mackinac Bridge covered
- GOP lawmaker indicted for alleged bribe over prevailing wage vote in 2018
- Whitmer urges DOL to widen eligibility for worker overtime wages