As the odometer flips into 2004, Michigan's construction industry seems to be settling into an unwelcome, stagnant pattern that exhibits an excess of "what-ifs" and a serious shortage of opportunities to put shovels in the ground. ..
Few construction jobs are as sought-after as those setting up Detroit's North American International Auto Show. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI)- President George W. Bush's plan to cut eight million U.S. workers from eligibility for overtime pay isn't quite a done deal, as we reported last month. But it's close. ..
By Jerry Faber
AGC-SE Michigan ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin