As the odometer flips into 2004, Michigan's construction industry seems to be settling into an unwelcome, stagnant pattern that exhibits an excess of "what-ifs" and a serious shortage of opportunities to put shovels in the ground. ..
Few construction jobs are as sought-after as those setting up Detroit's North American International Auto Show. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI)- President George W. Bush's plan to cut eight million U.S. workers from eligibility for overtime pay isn't quite a done deal, as we reported last month. But it's close. ..
By Jerry Faber
AGC-SE Michigan ..
- Legislature, Snyder OK new Straits pipeline tunnel
- Year-end legislative action: could have been worse for workers
- At home, on campus: New apartments meet a growing need at Wayne State
- BLS: fatal job injuries declined by 1% in 2017
- Scarcity of qualified workers may hinder construction
- News Briefs
- State closer to approving $500M Line 5 utility tunnel at Straits
- What's up in Foxtown: new building, old theatre put trades to work
- Jobs incline is old but good, U-M outlook says
- 'New NAFTA' gets measured, good reviews from labor reserved