In case you were wondering why it is so hard for regular working people to get ahead in our economy, look no further than June 30’s Harris v. Quinn Supreme Court decision. In the usual 5-4 pattern, the corporate-conservatives on the Supreme Court struck another blow against the rights of working people to organize and try to get ahead. ..
KALAMAZOO – “Let’s stop talking about electing people who support organized labor. Let’s start talking about electing me, because I am organized labor.” ..
By Isaiah Poole
Editor, Campaign for America's Future
Despite “substantial economic and market gains,” the nation’s multi-employer pension plans “are severely underfunded, threatening benefit cuts for current and future retirees,” said a 2014 Projection Report released June 30 by the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC). ..
- Legislature, Snyder OK new Straits pipeline tunnel
- Year-end legislative action: could have been worse for workers
- At home, on campus: New apartments meet a growing need at Wayne State
- BLS: fatal job injuries declined by 1% in 2017
- Scarcity of qualified workers may hinder construction
- News Briefs
- State closer to approving $500M Line 5 utility tunnel at Straits
- What's up in Foxtown: new building, old theatre put trades to work
- Jobs incline is old but good, U-M outlook says
- 'New NAFTA' gets measured, good reviews from labor reserved