Michigan's construction workers are working safer. ..
A comparative study of workplace safety records in Michigan and across the nation provides a strong endorsement of the historic benefits of state and federal OSHA groups
But in a business environment where employers are demanding continuous improvement from employees, it's fair for workers to ask state and federal safety regulators, "what have you done for us lately?" Some of the job safety and fatality statistics in Michigan and across the nation contain good news for workers - but they also show a real need for improvement ..
While the Detroit Symphony Orchestra takes its summer break, the building trades and construction manager George W. Auch are making a guest appearance in the DSO's home, Orchestra Hall, renovating and expanding the architectural gem. ..
New construction increased 4 percent in May to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of $496.6 billion, according to the Dodge Division of McGraw-Hill. Greater activity was reported across a wide range of project types, resulting in moderate growth for the industry's main sectors. ..
- Union approval rating rises: best since 2003
- DTE Energy breaks ground on $1B Blue Water Energy Center
- Got milk? At Prairie Farms, it will be 'ultra' cold and long-lasting
- Producing national champs is getting routine for Local 169
- The union advantage elevates safety, too
- News Briefs
- Holiday events and activities mark Labor's day in Michigan
- Governor's race is labor's best chance to have impact again
- Beaumont, trades bring new vitality to former Botsford campus
- We must support candidates who will stand up for working men and women