Michigan's construction workers are working safer. ..
A comparative study of workplace safety records in Michigan and across the nation provides a strong endorsement of the historic benefits of state and federal OSHA groups
But in a business environment where employers are demanding continuous improvement from employees, it's fair for workers to ask state and federal safety regulators, "what have you done for us lately?" Some of the job safety and fatality statistics in Michigan and across the nation contain good news for workers - but they also show a real need for improvement ..
While the Detroit Symphony Orchestra takes its summer break, the building trades and construction manager George W. Auch are making a guest appearance in the DSO's home, Orchestra Hall, renovating and expanding the architectural gem. ..
New construction increased 4 percent in May to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of $496.6 billion, according to the Dodge Division of McGraw-Hill. Greater activity was reported across a wide range of project types, resulting in moderate growth for the industry's main sectors. ..
- Janus decision: GOP-named Supreme Court majority imposes right to work on public sector unions
- Dems unveil legislation to make it easier for public workers to organize
- New life, new purpose for Michigan Central Station
- ImPRESSive: Particleboard plant rises in Grayling
- New lock at the Soo takes a step forward
- News Briefs
- Some fight left in the battle to sustain Michigan's prevailing wage
- Our ability to win these battles starts at the ballot box
- Trades' solid work transforms Eastern Michigan's Strong Hall
- Utilities push state's coal plants toward extinction