Michigan's construction workers are working safer. ..
A comparative study of workplace safety records in Michigan and across the nation provides a strong endorsement of the historic benefits of state and federal OSHA groups
But in a business environment where employers are demanding continuous improvement from employees, it's fair for workers to ask state and federal safety regulators, "what have you done for us lately?" Some of the job safety and fatality statistics in Michigan and across the nation contain good news for workers - but they also show a real need for improvement ..
While the Detroit Symphony Orchestra takes its summer break, the building trades and construction manager George W. Auch are making a guest appearance in the DSO's home, Orchestra Hall, renovating and expanding the architectural gem. ..
New construction increased 4 percent in May to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of $496.6 billion, according to the Dodge Division of McGraw-Hill. Greater activity was reported across a wide range of project types, resulting in moderate growth for the industry's main sectors. ..
- Legislature, Snyder OK new Straits pipeline tunnel
- Year-end legislative action: could have been worse for workers
- At home, on campus: New apartments meet a growing need at Wayne State
- BLS: fatal job injuries declined by 1% in 2017
- Scarcity of qualified workers may hinder construction
- News Briefs
- State closer to approving $500M Line 5 utility tunnel at Straits
- What's up in Foxtown: new building, old theatre put trades to work
- Jobs incline is old but good, U-M outlook says
- 'New NAFTA' gets measured, good reviews from labor reserved