WASHINGTON (PAI)—In a predictable decision, the AFL-CIO formally endorsed former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for president on June 16. ..
The arguments against repealing statewide prevailing wage laws are many and varied - and now, surprisingly, there's a new one. ..
By Mark Gruenberg
PAI Staff Writer ..
By Paul O. Catenacci
Law firm of Novara Tesija, P.L.L.C ..
A U.S. appeals court on June 11 upheld a National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) rule which speeds up the union election process. The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that the NLRB did not exceed its authority in issuing the rule that allows employees to vote on union representation 11 days after a petition for representation is filed. ..
- Janus decision: GOP-named Supreme Court majority imposes right to work on public sector unions
- Dems unveil legislation to make it easier for public workers to organize
- New life, new purpose for Michigan Central Station
- ImPRESSive: Particleboard plant rises in Grayling
- New lock at the Soo takes a step forward
- News Briefs
- Some fight left in the battle to sustain Michigan's prevailing wage
- Our ability to win these battles starts at the ballot box
- Trades' solid work transforms Eastern Michigan's Strong Hall
- Utilities push state's coal plants toward extinction