WASHINGTON (PAI)—In a predictable decision, the AFL-CIO formally endorsed former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for president on June 16. ..
The arguments against repealing statewide prevailing wage laws are many and varied - and now, surprisingly, there's a new one. ..
By Mark Gruenberg
PAI Staff Writer ..
By Paul O. Catenacci
Law firm of Novara Tesija, P.L.L.C ..
A U.S. appeals court on June 11 upheld a National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) rule which speeds up the union election process. The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that the NLRB did not exceed its authority in issuing the rule that allows employees to vote on union representation 11 days after a petition for representation is filed. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin