Have you ever shown a co-worker how to perform a task, or been asked to look over someone else's work? ..
DETROIT -The structural steel on the MGM Grand Casino was topped out June 23, creating a milestone for a huge, fast-moving construction project that's one of Michigan's largest. ..
MARQUETTE - In an agreement inked June 27 between the Michigan State Building and Construction Trades Council and Northern Michigan University, apprenticeship programs for five skilled trades will be moved to the Jacobetti Center on NMU's campus this fall. ..
MARQUETTE - Upgraded housing for students at Northern Michigan University is in the works. ..
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration is responsible for protecting the safety and health of workers in the United States, but its own reports indicate that setting safety standards is a low priority at the agency. ..
DETROIT - While we're at it, how about renovating the Pick-Fort-Shelby Hotel, too? ..
- Legislature, Snyder OK new Straits pipeline tunnel
- Year-end legislative action: could have been worse for workers
- At home, on campus: New apartments meet a growing need at Wayne State
- BLS: fatal job injuries declined by 1% in 2017
- Scarcity of qualified workers may hinder construction
- News Briefs
- State closer to approving $500M Line 5 utility tunnel at Straits
- What's up in Foxtown: new building, old theatre put trades to work
- Jobs incline is old but good, U-M outlook says
- 'New NAFTA' gets measured, good reviews from labor reserved