MASON – By a 13-2 margin, the Ingham County Board of Commissioners on June 23 adopted a resolution approving the use of project labor agreements (PLAs) on construction work sponsored by the county. ..
By Dale Belman
Michigan State University
Associate Director & Professor,
School of Labor & Industrial Relations
PITTSFIELD TWP. – Washtenaw County is getting more room to deal with those who run afoul of the law. ..
The National Maintenance Agreements Policy Committee approved a series of modifications to its industrial maintenance and construction contracts with Chrysler and Ford Motor Co. on June 3, a move that is expected to create hundreds of millions of dollars of savings for each company over the next two years and help boost them back to financial solvency. ..
MARQUETTE – With renovations on Northern Michigan University’s four residence halls having been completed in recent years, the school’s task this summer is to bring everything together by modernizing the lobbies that connect the halls. ..
Congressman Gary Peters (D-Bloomfield Twp.) and a host of UAW autoworkers on June 23 delivered 20,000 online signatures to General Motors' Renaissance Center headquarters, imploring the automaker to build a subcompact car at its Orion Twp. assembly plant in Oakland County, rather than in Tennessee or Wisconsin. ..
- Legislature, Snyder OK new Straits pipeline tunnel
- Year-end legislative action: could have been worse for workers
- At home, on campus: New apartments meet a growing need at Wayne State
- BLS: fatal job injuries declined by 1% in 2017
- Scarcity of qualified workers may hinder construction
- News Briefs
- State closer to approving $500M Line 5 utility tunnel at Straits
- What's up in Foxtown: new building, old theatre put trades to work
- Jobs incline is old but good, U-M outlook says
- 'New NAFTA' gets measured, good reviews from labor reserved