MASON – By a 13-2 margin, the Ingham County Board of Commissioners on June 23 adopted a resolution approving the use of project labor agreements (PLAs) on construction work sponsored by the county. ..
By Dale Belman
Michigan State University
Associate Director & Professor,
School of Labor & Industrial Relations
PITTSFIELD TWP. – Washtenaw County is getting more room to deal with those who run afoul of the law. ..
The National Maintenance Agreements Policy Committee approved a series of modifications to its industrial maintenance and construction contracts with Chrysler and Ford Motor Co. on June 3, a move that is expected to create hundreds of millions of dollars of savings for each company over the next two years and help boost them back to financial solvency. ..
MARQUETTE – With renovations on Northern Michigan University’s four residence halls having been completed in recent years, the school’s task this summer is to bring everything together by modernizing the lobbies that connect the halls. ..
Congressman Gary Peters (D-Bloomfield Twp.) and a host of UAW autoworkers on June 23 delivered 20,000 online signatures to General Motors' Renaissance Center headquarters, imploring the automaker to build a subcompact car at its Orion Twp. assembly plant in Oakland County, rather than in Tennessee or Wisconsin. ..
- Janus decision: GOP-named Supreme Court majority imposes right to work on public sector unions
- Dems unveil legislation to make it easier for public workers to organize
- New life, new purpose for Michigan Central Station
- ImPRESSive: Particleboard plant rises in Grayling
- New lock at the Soo takes a step forward
- News Briefs
- Some fight left in the battle to sustain Michigan's prevailing wage
- Our ability to win these battles starts at the ballot box
- Trades' solid work transforms Eastern Michigan's Strong Hall
- Utilities push state's coal plants toward extinction