WASHINGTON (PAI) — A 9-0 U.S. Supreme Court vote ruling that President Obama illegally made three “recess appointments” in 2012 to the National Labor Relations Board raises a number of legal questions that could have far-reaching effects for organized labor. ..
WASHINGTON – Raising more money to fix roads has been a problem in Michigan this year, and it isn’t any easier in the halls of Congress. ..
WASHINGTON – A “Clean Power Plant Proposal” released June 2 by the Obama Administration is a blueprint for the Environmental Protection Agency to cut carbon pollution from the power plant sector by 30 percent below 2005 levels by 2030. ..
The U.S. construction industry seems headed in the right direction – but there are enough occasional bumps in the road that keep the industry from having the confidence to go full throttle. ..
TRAVERSE CITY – The area’s Chamber of Commerce called the renovation and re-purposing of the old Traverse City State Hospital “one of America’s largest historic preservation and reuse projects.” Even the New York Times picked up on the significance of the ongoing work, with a feature article three years ago published under the headline, “From Ex-Mental Hospital to a New Mixed-Use Life.” ..
Hard hats under further review: 'Construction workers deserve the best headgear that can be designed'
For a device that rests on top of the head, most construction workers probably only give a rare thought to the humble hard hat. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin