PORT HURON - The St. Clair County Board of Commissioners on June 27 voted 7-0 to approve a project labor agreement with building trade unions governing the construction of a $32 million Jail/Juvenile Center. ..
More than 800 friends, family and well-wishers came together June 22 to honor Joe Sposita, who is set to retire later this year after 48 years of working as a plumber, as a union officer for Local 98 and as a representative for the International Union of Plumbers, Pipe Fitters and Sprinkler Fitters. ..
A changing of the guard and an appearance by the head-of-state for the United Association of Plumbers, Pipe Fitters and Sprinkler Fitters marked the 89th Convention of the Michigan Pipe Trades Association, held June 19-22 in Detroit. ..
Section 415 of the IRS Code was passed in 1974 to keep top executives and wealthy professionals from receiving lavish pensions. ..
Operating Engineers Local 324 Business Manager Sam. T. Hart is the 2001 recipient of the Norm Sylvester Award, given by The Greater Detroit Building and Construction Trades Council Softball League to an individual who "exhibits a sense of fair play both on and off the field." ..
Construction: The Opportunity Industry is the message emblazoned on Michigan's billboards, broadcast on the airwaves and appearing in print this summer, as part of a campaign to get the word out about the trades as a job opportunity. ..
- Pelosi, building trades seek compromise on green construction that won't kill jobs
- Supreme Court sustains legal option for falsely accused jobless claimants
- Union contracts supercede medical/sick leave, comp time laws
- U.S. construction moves past rough patch
- Trades succeeding at EMU Success Center
- News Briefs
- ABC training remains consistent: They've been a constant failure
- EMU's Sill Hall ready for a reno
- 'We are going to build the tunnel' Maybe not Whitmer, Nessel slam brakes on Line 5 tunnel
- Proposed overtime pay rule has Chamber's fingerprints all over it