WASHINGTON - In the end, the Employee Free Choice Act was doomed, but it did provide some important information for union voters in 2008. ..
By Harry Kelber
'The Labor Educator'
DEARBORN - Steel making at the Ford Rouge has continued unabated since the complex was opened in the 1920s - and with a $300 million investment to upgrade one of its two blast furnaces, the plant will continue to show its mettle. ..
Any chance for comprehensive reform of the nation's immigration laws finally came to an end June 28, when the U.S. Senate voted failed to get enough votes (46-53) to end debate on the matter. ..
PONTIAC - An expansion of the General Motors Engine Dynamometer Test Facility reached a milestone June 15, with GM, their contractors and the building trades celebrating the topping out of the structure. ..
ST. IGNACE - Michigan is throwing a 50th anniversary party for the Mackinac Bridge - and we're all invited. ..
- GOP rebukes Rep. Inman calls for his resignation after extortion charge
- Muskegon County, city, rescind prevailing wage
- 'Right-to-work' term deserves to be wrapped in quotations, journalists' bible says
- Down on the farm: more solar going up?
- There's a real link between suicide and construction
- NMU sees new energy with Northern Center
- News Briefs
- Painters have Mackinac Bridge covered
- GOP lawmaker indicted for alleged bribe over prevailing wage vote in 2018
- Whitmer urges DOL to widen eligibility for worker overtime wages