LANSING - Many Michiganians who work as salespeople, nurses, or truck drivers - among several other types of occupations - currently are not eligible for mandatory overtime pay under federal law. ..
In 2005, the average CEO in the United States earned 262 times the pay of the average worker - the second-highest level of this ratio in the 40 years for which there is data. ..
GRAND RAPIDS - The building trades are bringing out of the ground what will be this city's largest development in the last decade. ..
The sun warms our planet, provides energy for plants to grow and generally lets us know when to get out of bed in the morning - but it can be brutal on our skin. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI)--By a 52-46 margin, the GOP-run Senate voted June 20 to raise the minimum wage. But the measure needed 60 votes to pass, so it didn't. ..
YPSILANTI - In an area dominated by low-level buildings, the 13-story critical care tower going up on the St. Joseph Mercy Hospital's 360-acre campus is difficult to miss. ..
- Janus decision: GOP-named Supreme Court majority imposes right to work on public sector unions
- Dems unveil legislation to make it easier for public workers to organize
- New life, new purpose for Michigan Central Station
- ImPRESSive: Particleboard plant rises in Grayling
- New lock at the Soo takes a step forward
- News Briefs
- Some fight left in the battle to sustain Michigan's prevailing wage
- Our ability to win these battles starts at the ballot box
- Trades' solid work transforms Eastern Michigan's Strong Hall
- Utilities push state's coal plants toward extinction