WASHINGTON (PAI) – Two separate Republican filibusters on June 24 and June 30 blocked extended jobless benefits for the nation’s unemployed, putting money for millions of jobless workers in limbo after the July 4 holiday. ..
LANSING – The Republican opposition which killed bills to extend federal jobless benefits on June 24, and again on June 30, will have immediate consequences to the nation’s – and Michigan’s – unemployed workers ..
TRAVERSE CITY –A parking deck can have a use other than as a pre-cast concrete and metal shell used to park cars. ..
‘Most Yoopers tell me the best social program is a job’ U.P trades rally to support Eagle mine, other projects
MARQUETTE – The message presented by the Upper Peninsula Construction Council: Mining is part of Marquette County’s heritage and it can be done safely by those who live in the community. ..
Construction employment in Michigan didn’t have a good month from April to May, and the year-to-year numbers are even worse. ..
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone
- Healthy construction industry has few worries
- Prevailing wage repeal law should be tossed, group argues
- No straight-ticket voting on Nov. 6 ballot
- Iron worker leads 'raising gang' for veterans memorial wall
- News Briefs
- Union approval rating rises: best since 2003
- DTE Energy breaks ground on $1B Blue Water Energy Center