WASHINGTON (PAI) – Two separate Republican filibusters on June 24 and June 30 blocked extended jobless benefits for the nation’s unemployed, putting money for millions of jobless workers in limbo after the July 4 holiday. ..
LANSING – The Republican opposition which killed bills to extend federal jobless benefits on June 24, and again on June 30, will have immediate consequences to the nation’s – and Michigan’s – unemployed workers ..
TRAVERSE CITY –A parking deck can have a use other than as a pre-cast concrete and metal shell used to park cars. ..
‘Most Yoopers tell me the best social program is a job’ U.P trades rally to support Eagle mine, other projects
MARQUETTE – The message presented by the Upper Peninsula Construction Council: Mining is part of Marquette County’s heritage and it can be done safely by those who live in the community. ..
Construction employment in Michigan didn’t have a good month from April to May, and the year-to-year numbers are even worse. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin