With perhaps the most important election for working families in a generation only a few months away the country is split almost evenly between Bush and Kerry supporters, much like the split in the 2000 election. ..
In the 2000 presidential election, voters from union households represented 26 percent of all U.S. voters. But in Michigan, which was a key political battleground state that year, 43 percent of all voters were members of union households, a percentage which led the nation. ..
MUSKEGON – “Republicans control both the state House and Senate and I know that unions and working people have been taking a beating. We need to be recognized and supported by the people who represent us.” ..
The next generation of hospital is nearing completion at Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI)- A package of four bills affecting the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, pushed through the GOP-run House on virtual party-line votes last month, weakens the job safety agency, congressional Democrats say. ..
- Union voters help themselves on Election Day
- Marijuana legalization raises questions only the courts will answer
- State's new pot law lights up a few tokens of interest...
- BWL's substation offers high-voltage good looks
- Hopefully, just a little dip for Michigan construction
- We're still talking about putting asbestos in building products?!
- News Briefs
- Want prevailing wage back? The process starts with the Nov. 6 ballot
- More power to the people: Pine River wind project winds down
- Now the Hudson's Hole, but a tall order awaits for the trades