With perhaps the most important election for working families in a generation only a few months away the country is split almost evenly between Bush and Kerry supporters, much like the split in the 2000 election. ..
In the 2000 presidential election, voters from union households represented 26 percent of all U.S. voters. But in Michigan, which was a key political battleground state that year, 43 percent of all voters were members of union households, a percentage which led the nation. ..
MUSKEGON – “Republicans control both the state House and Senate and I know that unions and working people have been taking a beating. We need to be recognized and supported by the people who represent us.” ..
The next generation of hospital is nearing completion at Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI)- A package of four bills affecting the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, pushed through the GOP-run House on virtual party-line votes last month, weakens the job safety agency, congressional Democrats say. ..
- GOP rebukes Rep. Inman calls for his resignation after extortion charge
- Muskegon County, city, rescind prevailing wage
- 'Right-to-work' term deserves to be wrapped in quotations, journalists' bible says
- Down on the farm: more solar going up?
- There's a real link between suicide and construction
- NMU sees new energy with Northern Center
- News Briefs
- Painters have Mackinac Bridge covered
- GOP lawmaker indicted for alleged bribe over prevailing wage vote in 2018
- Whitmer urges DOL to widen eligibility for worker overtime wages