With perhaps the most important election for working families in a generation only a few months away the country is split almost evenly between Bush and Kerry supporters, much like the split in the 2000 election. ..
In the 2000 presidential election, voters from union households represented 26 percent of all U.S. voters. But in Michigan, which was a key political battleground state that year, 43 percent of all voters were members of union households, a percentage which led the nation. ..
MUSKEGON – “Republicans control both the state House and Senate and I know that unions and working people have been taking a beating. We need to be recognized and supported by the people who represent us.” ..
The next generation of hospital is nearing completion at Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI)- A package of four bills affecting the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, pushed through the GOP-run House on virtual party-line votes last month, weakens the job safety agency, congressional Democrats say. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin