With perhaps the most important election for working families in a generation only a few months away the country is split almost evenly between Bush and Kerry supporters, much like the split in the 2000 election. ..
In the 2000 presidential election, voters from union households represented 26 percent of all U.S. voters. But in Michigan, which was a key political battleground state that year, 43 percent of all voters were members of union households, a percentage which led the nation. ..
MUSKEGON – “Republicans control both the state House and Senate and I know that unions and working people have been taking a beating. We need to be recognized and supported by the people who represent us.” ..
The next generation of hospital is nearing completion at Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI)- A package of four bills affecting the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, pushed through the GOP-run House on virtual party-line votes last month, weakens the job safety agency, congressional Democrats say. ..
- Janus decision: GOP-named Supreme Court majority imposes right to work on public sector unions
- Dems unveil legislation to make it easier for public workers to organize
- New life, new purpose for Michigan Central Station
- ImPRESSive: Particleboard plant rises in Grayling
- New lock at the Soo takes a step forward
- News Briefs
- Some fight left in the battle to sustain Michigan's prevailing wage
- Our ability to win these battles starts at the ballot box
- Trades' solid work transforms Eastern Michigan's Strong Hall
- Utilities push state's coal plants toward extinction