BAY CITY – Consumers Energy announced May 27 that it has shut down plans for the development of a new 830-megawatt clean coal power plant that it planned to have in operation in 2017. ..
LANSING –The Michigan Department of Natural Resources and Environment on May 21 made it official: they denied Wolverine Power’s permit for a proposed $1 billion, 600-megawatt clean-coal power plant in Rogers City. ..
YPSILANTI – The largest single construction project in the history of Eastern Michigan University will transform both the look of the Jefferson Science Complex on the exterior – as well as the education and research on the building’s interior. ..
Construction analysts predicted a see-saw ride for the industry as it emerges from the Great Recession, and that’s just what we’re getting. ..
LANSING –Michigan will lose 12,000 jobs and the chance to revive its economy if state lawmakers fail to pump new investment into the state’s deteriorating transportation system, says a study released May 26 by the Michigan Chamber of Commerce. ..
LANSING – The Michigan House on May 26 narrowly adopted legislation that would allow construction of a second bridge over the Detroit River. ..
- Union voters help themselves on Election Day
- Marijuana legalization raises questions only the courts will answer
- State's new pot law lights up a few tokens of interest...
- BWL's substation offers high-voltage good looks
- Hopefully, just a little dip for Michigan construction
- We're still talking about putting asbestos in building products?!
- News Briefs
- Want prevailing wage back? The process starts with the Nov. 6 ballot
- More power to the people: Pine River wind project winds down
- Now the Hudson's Hole, but a tall order awaits for the trades