BAY CITY – Consumers Energy announced May 27 that it has shut down plans for the development of a new 830-megawatt clean coal power plant that it planned to have in operation in 2017. ..
LANSING –The Michigan Department of Natural Resources and Environment on May 21 made it official: they denied Wolverine Power’s permit for a proposed $1 billion, 600-megawatt clean-coal power plant in Rogers City. ..
YPSILANTI – The largest single construction project in the history of Eastern Michigan University will transform both the look of the Jefferson Science Complex on the exterior – as well as the education and research on the building’s interior. ..
Construction analysts predicted a see-saw ride for the industry as it emerges from the Great Recession, and that’s just what we’re getting. ..
LANSING –Michigan will lose 12,000 jobs and the chance to revive its economy if state lawmakers fail to pump new investment into the state’s deteriorating transportation system, says a study released May 26 by the Michigan Chamber of Commerce. ..
LANSING – The Michigan House on May 26 narrowly adopted legislation that would allow construction of a second bridge over the Detroit River. ..
- Union approval rating rises: best since 2003
- DTE Energy breaks ground on $1B Blue Water Energy Center
- Got milk? At Prairie Farms, it will be 'ultra' cold and long-lasting
- Producing national champs is getting routine for Local 169
- The union advantage elevates safety, too
- News Briefs
- Holiday events and activities mark Labor's day in Michigan
- Governor's race is labor's best chance to have impact again
- Beaumont, trades bring new vitality to former Botsford campus
- We must support candidates who will stand up for working men and women