BAY CITY – Consumers Energy announced May 27 that it has shut down plans for the development of a new 830-megawatt clean coal power plant that it planned to have in operation in 2017. ..
LANSING –The Michigan Department of Natural Resources and Environment on May 21 made it official: they denied Wolverine Power’s permit for a proposed $1 billion, 600-megawatt clean-coal power plant in Rogers City. ..
YPSILANTI – The largest single construction project in the history of Eastern Michigan University will transform both the look of the Jefferson Science Complex on the exterior – as well as the education and research on the building’s interior. ..
Construction analysts predicted a see-saw ride for the industry as it emerges from the Great Recession, and that’s just what we’re getting. ..
LANSING –Michigan will lose 12,000 jobs and the chance to revive its economy if state lawmakers fail to pump new investment into the state’s deteriorating transportation system, says a study released May 26 by the Michigan Chamber of Commerce. ..
LANSING – The Michigan House on May 26 narrowly adopted legislation that would allow construction of a second bridge over the Detroit River. ..
- Holiday events and activities mark Labor's day in Michigan
- 'A lot to like' about major new development in Kalamazoo
- News Briefs
- Tell the DOL: Hands off building trades apprenticeships
- Weaker apprenticeship standards loom with new review by DOL
- Organized labor is no fan of new DOL secretary
- Put 'Michigan Jobs First,' says Whitmer directive
- Head's up: 'safety helmets' may be headed to your jobsite
- News Briefs
- Roncelli, trades undertake expansion for McLaren Macomb