LANSING - Michigan's Prevailing Wage Act of 1965 is in dire risk of repeal this year in the state Legislature - but it likely won't happen in the conventional manner. ..
Coming this summer to a street corner or perhaps a sporting event near you: clipboard-holders with petitions from "Protecting Michigan Taxpayers," promising that if you will sign, you help repeal the state's prevailing wage law and save the state big bucks on construction costs. ..
Revenue for big U.S. construction contractors is returning back up to pre-Great Recession levels. ..
There weren't many shocking headlines out of major Pew Research Center polling released April 27 concerning public and political perception of the nation's unions. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin